EXTENDED SERVICE AGREEMENT
This Agreement is not a Contract of Insurance
Please read this Agreement carefully as describes the protection You will receive in return for payment by You. Your signature on the receipt indicates that You have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. You must keep this Agreement, Your sales invoice and receipt for the product You purchased. Your receipt contains information about this Agreement, including the type of coverage You have. They are integral parts of this Agreement which are incorporated hereto by reference, and You may be required to produce them in order to obtain service. You must maintain the Covered Product as recommended by the manufacturer’s owner manual and warranty. The rate charged for this Agreement is not regulated by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation. You are entitled to review these terms and conditions prior to the purchase of this Agreement. These terms and conditions will be provided to You at the time of sale or within a reasonable amount of time thereafter.
The following terms used throughout this Agreement have the following meanings:
(1) “Obligor”, “We”, “Us” and “Our”: The company obligated under this Agreement, Jetson Protection, LLC. (Florida Company Code: 43333), 4145 S US1 Fort Pierce, FL 34982 (772-464-7050).
(2) “You” and “Your”: The purchaser of the Covered Product(s) and any authorized transferee/assignee of the purchaser.
(3) “Administrator”: Jetson TV & Appliance Centers, LLC., 4145 S US1 Fort Pierce, FL 34982 (772-464-7050)
(4) “Selling Retailer”: The entity selling the Covered Product and this Agreement.
(5) “Covered Product”: The consumer item(s), identified in Your sales receipt, which You purchased concurrently with and is covered by this Agreement.
(6) “Agreement”: This service warranty, including the sales invoice and receipt incorporated by reference.
IIA. REPLACEMENT PLAN
(1) TERM: For the Replacement Plan, the term of this Agreement begins on the date of purchase and continues for a period of two (2) years or until a claim is paid, whichever occurs first. Coverage is effective upon the expiration of the shortest portion of the manufacturer’s warranty. A renewal service Agreement is not available for the Replacement Plan. THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT REPLACE THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY.
(2) COVERAGE: We will replace Your Covered Product, when required, due to a mechanical or electrical breakdown, including those experienced during normal wear and tear. A mechanical or electrical breakdown caused by a direct result of a power surge is also covered. The Covered Product will be replaced with a new or refurbished product of like kind or similar quality, equal to the purchase price of the Covered Product, excluding sales tax and shipping and handling. The Covered Product must fail during normal usage. Any replacement product purchased with funds or provided as a result of a claim being paid under the terms of this Agreement will require the purchase of a new Agreement.
(3) LIMIT OF LIABILITY: The aggregate limit of liability under this Agreement is the value of the Covered Product at the time of purchase, excluding sales tax, diagnostic fees, delivery and handling. This Agreement shall expire upon replacement of Your Covered Product or issuance of a compensation check in lieu of replacement.
(4) WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR COVERED PRODUCT FAILS TO OPERATE: Do not return the Covered Product to the Selling Retailer where You purchased
Your Covered Product. Contact the Administrator and You will be advised on how to obtain replacement.
• Call 772-464-7050 and ask to speak to a representative in the service department.
• You must provide the original sales receipt in order for a claim to be processed. Products found to be non-defective will be returned to You
IIB. REPAIR PLAN
(1) TERM: For the Repair Plan, the term of this Agreement begins on the date of purchase and continues for the period indicated on the face of this Agreement or as indicated in the Declarations Page, Your sales receipt or invoice. Coverage is effective upon the expiration of the shortest portion of the manufacturer’s warranty. In the event Your Covered Product is being serviced by an authorized service center when this Agreement expires, the term of this Agreement will be extended until covered repair has been completed. THIS AGREEMENT DOES NOT REPLACE THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY.
(2) COVERAGE: Parts will be replaced with those of like kind and quality at our sole discretion. We may use new or remanufactured parts in repairing Your Covered Product. If the Covered Product cannot be repaired, if the cost of the repair exceeds the original purchase price, or if parts are no longer available or are discontinued by the manufacturer, the Covered Product will be replaced as determined by Us with a product of similar features.
A. For Appliances, Electronics and Computers: We will repair or replace the Covered Product, at Our discretion, when required due to a mechanical or electrical breakdown, including those experienced during normal wear and tear. A mechanical or electrical breakdown caused by a direct result of a power surge is also covered. Costs related to removal and reinstallation of car audio and/or home theater products are covered under this Agreement, when required, due to a covered breakdown. You are responsible to backup all computer software and data prior to commencement of repair.
(3) LIMIT OF LIABILITY: Our aggregate limit of liability for Your Covered Product under this Agreement is the cost of authorized repairs. In no event will our total liability for repairs and/ or replacement exceed Your purchase price for the Covered Product, excluding sales tax, diagnostic fees, delivery and installation costs. Upon replacement, there is no longer any obligation for the replaced product under this Agreement. SERVICE COSTS, TRIP CHARGES, BREAKDOWN CHARGES, INSPECTION FEES, DIAGNOSTIC FEES OR ESTIMATE CHARGES FOR REPAIRS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
(4) NO LEMON POLICY: This Agreement provides that following the expiration of the manufacturer warranty term, and subject to Our Limit of Liability, after three service repairs have been completed for the same problem on an individual product that requires a fourth repair within any twelve (12) month period, as determined by Us, We will replace it with a product of comparable performance or pay You the remaining Limit of Liability. If We replace Your Covered Product, there is no longer any obligation for the replaced product under this Agreement. SERVICE COSTS, TRIP CHARGES, BREAKDOWN CHARGES, INSPECTION FEES, DIAGNOSTIC FEES OR ESTIMATE CHARGES FOR REPAIRS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.
(5) HOW TO GET SERVICE: You must contact the Administrator at 772-464-7050 and ask to speak to a representative in the service department. All repairs must be authorized by the Administrator prior to performance of work. Claims on unauthorized repairs may be denied. Many oversights, which are not covered under this Agreement, can be due to simple circumstances such as the Covered Product not being switched on, being unplugged, or a fuse blown at the junction box. For a Covered Product that uses batteries as the prime power supply, check that the batteries do not need replacing or recharging. If You refuse service on a covered item after We have dispatched the repair servicer to Your location You will be billed for that servicer’s applicable trip charge
(6) SERVICE DELIVERABLES: There is no deductible required to obtain service for Your Covered Product as indicated on the Declarations Page of this Agreement. You will receive service on Your Covered Product as described below:
Carry-In: Unless otherwise provided in this Agreement, Covered Products must be delivered and picked up by You at Our authorized service center during normal business hours. If You purchased Above Ground Pool Coverage, it will be Your responsibility to bring above ground pumps and ladder into the service repair facility or to the selling retailer for repair.
In-Home/On-Site: Service will be performed in Your home or On-Site as indicated on the Declarations Page of this Agreement, or on Your sales receipt or invoice provided You have fulfilled the following provisions: (1) accessibility to the product; (2) a non-threatening and safe environment; and (3) an adult over the age of 18 to be present for the period of time Our authorized technician is scheduled for service and while Our authorized technician is on Your property servicing Your Covered Product. In-Home Service will be provided by the authorized service provider during regular business hours, local time, Monday through Saturday, except holidays. The authorized service center may opt to remove the Covered Product to perform service in-shop. Your Covered Product will be returned upon completion.
(7) POWER SURGE PROTECTION: This Agreement provides power surge protection from the date of purchase in the absence of any other insurance coverage. If Your Covered Product is damaged as a result of a power surge, we will service Your Covered Product in accordance with the terms herein.
(8) FOOD LOSS: To receive coverage for food loss, the failure of Your refrigerator or freezer must be due to a defect in the components of the appliance, and not a power failure of any kind. You will be reimbursed up to ($200) per qualified service repair. To receive payment, You must have the appliance repaired by Us and submit the following: a copy of the repair order, and itemized list of food lost due to the lack of refrigeration, and proof of purchase for the replaced food.
III. WHAT IS NOT COVERED
(A) Products not originally covered by a manufacturer’s warranty; (B) Products with less than an original ninety (90) days manufacturer’s parts and labor limited warranty (C) Product repairs that should be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty or are a result of a recall, regardless of the manufacturer’s ability to pay for such repairs; (D) Cleaning; Periodic checkups; preventive maintenance; (E) Any and all pre-existing conditions that occur prior to the effective date of this Agreement (F) Part or repairs due to normal wear and tear unless tied to a breakdown, and items normally designed to be periodically replaced by You during the life of the product, including but not limited to batteries, light bulbs, etc.; (G) Damage from accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling, introduction of foreign objects into the Covered Product, unauthorized modifications or alterations to a Covered Product; failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions; external causes of any kind, including third party actions; fire; theft; insects; animals; exposure to weather; windstorm; sand; dirt; hail; earthquake; flood; water; acts of God or consequential loss of any nature; (H) Loss or damage caused by invasion; rebellion; riot; strike; labor disturbance; lockout; or civil commotion; (I) Incidental, consequential or secondary damages or delay in rendering service under this Agreement; loss of use during the period that the Covered Product is at an authorized service center or awaiting parts; (J) Any product used in a commercial setting or rental basis unless You purchased a Commercial Coverage Plan; (K) Failures that occur outside of the 50 states of the United States of America and the District of Columbia; (L) Non-functional or aesthetic parts including but not limited to frames, cabinets, doors, hinges, plastic parts, knobs, rollers, baskets; scratches, peeling & dents; (M) Unauthorized repairs and/or parts; (N) Cost of installation, setup, diagnostic charges, of the Covered Product, except as provided herein; (O) Accessories used in conjunction with a Covered Product including remote controls; (P) Any other loss other than a covered breakdown; (Q) Service where no problem can be found; noises; squeaks; breakdowns which are not reported during the term of this Agreement. Specific to Electronics & Appliances: In addition to any applicable exclusions listed above, this Agreement only covers the operating condition of Your Covered Product and does not cover (1) non-operating or external parts, e.g. protective glass; housings; insulation; conduit; frames; cabinets; knobs; dials; drawers; handles; shelves; doors; hinges; light bulbs; projection bulbs; filters; hoses; (2) any installed accessory item, e.g., gas or electronic connectors; (3) any antennae or antennae system; any expansion of the channel or frequency range capabilities of the Covered Product; circuit adjustments required to receive any particular station; service or adjustments due to changes in external power or water supply; water and power connectors and connections; reception or normal signal; (4) Speakers, except surround-sound home theater; remote controls; phonograph cartridges and stylus; headphones; and (5) burned-in image in CRT, PLASMA, LCD or any other type of display.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE ADMINISTRATOR/OBLIGOR OR ANY OF THE ADMINISTRATOR/OBLIGOR’S AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR NEGLIGENCE. THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT COVER LOSS OR DAMAGE NOT SPECIFICALLY LISTED UNDER “WHAT IS COVERED”.
A. Renewal: The Replacement Plans are not renewable. Repair Plans may be renewed at Our discretion.
B. Transferability: This Agreement is transferable by the original purchaser for the balance of the original extended protection period. The manufacturer’s warranty may not be transferrable. This Agreement does not replace the manufacturer’s warranty and provides no coverage therein, except as noted above.
C. Territories: The Agreement territory is limited to Indian River, Saint Lucie, and Martin Counties.
D. Subrogation: If We pay for a loss, We may require You to assign Us Your rights of recovery against others. We will not pay for a loss if You impair these rights to recover. Your rights to recover from others may not be waived. You will be made whole before We retain any amount We may recover.
E. Arbitration: In the event of a disagreement between You and Us concerning costs, either party may make a written demand for arbitration. This must be done within sixty (60) days after the day You filed Your claim. Each party will select an arbitrator. The two (2) arbitrators will select an umpire. Each party will pay the expenses of the respective arbitrator selected. The expenses of the umpire will be shared equally. Unless both parties agree otherwise, arbitration will take place in the county and state in which You live. Local rules will apply. A majority decision will be binding.
F. Cancellation: You may cancel this Agreement for any reason at any time. If You cancel Your Agreement, You must return to the Selling Retailer and You will receive a refund equal to no less than ninety percent (90%) of the unearned pro-rata premium based on the time expired less the cost of claims paid. We may not cancel this Agreement except for fraud, material misrepresentation, or non-payment by You, or if required to do so by a regulatory authority. Notice of such cancellation will be in writing and given at least thirty (30) days prior to cancellation. If We cancel, the return premium is based upon one hundred percent (100%) of the unearned pro-rata premium, less the cost of claims paid. Any refund provided to You may be in the form of cash, check, store credit, or gift card.
G. Entire Agreement: This is the entire Service Agreement between the parties, and no representation, promise or condition not contained herein shall modify these items.